What we do
Into The Light is a London based not for profit project – this means any profits are re-invested in the project to create a better service for our users. Into The Light is also a Registered Community Interest Company (Company No. 8738759). Into The Light was founded in 1993 and established to provide a place of understanding and support to those who had experienced sexual abuse.
Into The Light is a Full Member of The Survivors Trust.
Into The Light is a full Member of The Survivors Trust. The Survivors Trust is the largest umbrella agency for specialist sexual violence support services in Europe and represents Survivors Organisations at Government Level.
Into The Light has its roots in Christianity but exists for everyone regardless of faith, sexuality, class, nationality and culture.
We are inclusive of all genders but offer women only spaces.
All our Counsellors are Members of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and adhere to their strict code of ethics.
Additionally all our counsellors are DBS checked.
Into The Light main aims are to:
- Provide counselling support, advice, information and resources to people of all genders who have been sexually abused.
- Offer support and counselling and training to those who are involved with and support people who have experienced sexual abuse e.g. partners, counsellors, carers.
- Advance public awareness of sexual abuse through seminars, training and writing for magazines and publications.
Into The Light’s guiding philosophy is that change and healing come through:
- Giving Information
- Breaking Isolation
- Sharing Experience
The aims of all the Into The Light programmes are to:
- Remove blocks in life
- Reclaim damaged parts of personality
- Put the past in perspective
- Develop better relationships
- Be closer to others (and for some people – God as you understand Him)
Visit our Who we are page for information about our team