What we do
Into The Light is a London based not for profit project – this means any profits are re-invested in the project to create a better service for our users. Into The Light is also a Registered Community Interest Company (Company No. 8738759). Into The Light was founded in 1993 and established to provide a place of understanding and support to those who had experienced child sexual abuse.
Into The Light is a Full Member of The Survivors Trust.
Into The Light is also a Member of the Institute of Recovery from Childhood Trauma www.irct.org.uk.
Into The Light works in Association with Lifecentre (www.lifecentre.uk.com) and The Lifecentre Network (www.lifecentrenetwork.org). The Lifecentre Network is project of Lifecentre, a National Counselling and Support Service for Rape and Sexual Abuse Survivors. LifeCentre is a registered charity (No.1127779) an Organisational Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and a full Member of The Survivors Trust.
Into The Light is a Member of The Victims’ Services Alliance which is a national network of agencies that are committed to working together to improve services to victims of crime, their families and others who have been affected.
Into The Light also works in partnership with “Release For Women” www.releaseforwomen.org.uk A Community Interest Women’s Counselling Service based in Brighton.
Into The Light has its roots in Christianity but exists for everyone regardless of faith, sexuality, class, nationality and culture. We are inclusive of all genders but offer women only spaces.
Into The Light main aims are to:
- Provide counselling support, advice, information and resources to women and men who have been sexually abused as children.
- Offer support and counselling and training to those who are involved with and support people who have experienced sexual abuse e.g. partners, counsellors, carers.
- Advance public awareness of child sexual abuse through seminars, training and writing for magazines and publications.
Into The Light’s guiding philosophy is that change and healing come through:
- Giving Information
- Breaking Isolation
- Sharing Experience
The aims of all the Into The Light programmes are to:
- Remove blocks in life
- Reclaim damaged parts of personality
- Put the past in perspective
- Develop better relationships
- Be closer to others (and for some people – God as you understand Him)
Visit our Who we are page for information about our team